Injection Moulding Process Technician
Full-Time, 40 hours per week
2 weeks of evening shift 15:00-01:00 Mon-Thurs (4 x 10-hour shifts) followed by 2 weeks of night shift 21:00-07:00 Mon-Thurs (4 x 10-hour shifts) on a rotational basis. Evening/night shift start and finish times can be adjusted to suit successful candidate.
The Unicorn Group is a dynamic manufacturing business based in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. We’re dedicated to supplying high quality products and excellent service to a range of industries internationally. We're proud of our staff and success to date and have big plans for the future. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Injection Moulding Process Technician to join our team.
As a Injection Moulding Process Technician, you will be responsible for the methods, systems and equipment used within the production facility to convert raw materials into their final product form, ensuring the smooth operation of machinery. Key duties will include ensuing that all plant machinery is operating in a safe, timely and efficient manner based on product requirements.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing mould, tool, insert and colour changes on injection moulding machines as required.
- Fault diagnosis.
- Preparation, start-up and running of injection moulding machines.
- Starting hopper loaders and dryers as required.
- Completing First Off documents in conjunction with the quality department.
- Manufacturing of floor tiles using PVC, ABS, PCT 20 +40 materials to required quality standards.
- Setting standards on machines and training others to set up and make improvements.
- Working with Production Supervisor to ensure that production schedules and volumes are met in a consistent and timely manner.
- Interacting with quality team and other functions to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the production facility.
- Developing a strong technical knowledge of all production technology, raw materials and products on site.
- Overcoming challenges and problems with innovative solutions that are fully integrated into the production facility.
- Evaluating current equipment processes and procedures to ensure optimal performance.
LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 years’ experience in the running of injection moulding machines within a production environment.
- Valid forklift licences for counterbalance and diesel forklift desirable but not essential as full training would be provided.
- Experience in high volume, quick tool change, and short run production environment.
- Previous experience in the use of Negri Bossi, Sandretto and Ettlinger machines would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Good time management & organisational skills and an ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work well and calmly under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to work well within a team as well as on own initiative.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Excellent problem-solving skills using process engineering knowledge.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- A team player with the ability to work productively and easily with others.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly team environment
- Opportunities for learning, development and career progression
- Riverside site with free onsite parking
- 33 days annual leave
- 5-minute walk from Lambeg railway station, 1 mile from M1 Motorway and 7 miles from Belfast City Centre
- Perks discount on shops, cinemas, restaurants and more
- On site gym open from 06:00
- Death in service benefit of 4 times annual salary
- Free tea and coffee in our canteen and discounted rates at on site coffee dock
- No weekend working
If you would like to join a progressive local company, we would love to hear from you! Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 25th February 2022, 12pm.
Unicorn Group reserve the right to enhance the essential / desirable criteria in order to facilitate shortlisting if required.
Unicorn Group is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information about Unicorn, visit www.unicorn-group.com