Production Manager / Coordinator – Full Time
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Unicorn Copelands, including Unicorn Containers, PFC Rainwater and PF Copelands are part of the Unicorn Group. We specialise in metal fabrication operating from our Mallusk premises on the outskirts of Belfast.
PF Copeland Ltd is amongst Ireland's leading metal fabricators specialising in stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum fabrications, offering one-off custom-made fabrications or large quantity batch production. Our specialised products include access platforms, tanks and silos for Dairies, Food Processing and Manufacturing Companies, Distilleries, Breweries and Bakeries.
PFC Rainwater Systems Ltd provides a wide range of services and rainwater products for the construction industry in aluminium, cast aluminium, cast iron, galvanised steel and stainless-steel.
Unicorn Urban specialises in the design and manufacture of a wide range of street litter, recycling and medical bins for the public and private sectors, which can be found in parks, schools, hospitals, universities and museums throughout the UK and Ireland.
As a Production Manager, you will thrive on the challenges of a busy and varied working environment, ensuring that our products are produced safely, cost-effectively and on time whilst meeting the required quality standards. You will be responsible for producing and managing the production schedule whilst coordinating production activities, monitoring efficiencies and downtime and planning the daily tasks of your team.
As a strong people manager, you will provide leadership and direction in order to motivate and engage your team. You will build solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders and liaise directly with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure the required components and materials arrive on our premises enabling us to meet customer demands and expectations.
Key tasks will also include
- • Providing lead times to the sales team
- • Liaising with the purchasing team regarding incoming components
- • Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- • Managing production orders on ERP system / working with other members of the team to ensure these are managed correctly
- • Managing employee holidays, attendance, time keeping, performance and any other employee issues, liaising with HR as required
- • Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- • Ability to prioritise workload and execute tasks effectively
- • Remains calm under pressure
- • Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- • Adaptable to the challenges and changing needs of a growing business
- • At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role within a production environment
- • PC literate with an emphasis on accuracy, particularly in the use of the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills – fluent English essential
What we offer
- • Easily accessible site just off the M2 motorway
- • Free onsite parking
- • 33 days annual leave
- • Perks employee discount scheme
- • Death in Service benefit of 3 times annual salary
If you would like to join a progressive local company, please attach a CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Friday 15th January 2021, 1pm.
We reserve the right to enhance the essential / desirable criteria in order to facilitate shortlisting if required.