Business Development Executive
09:00-17:00 Monday – Friday
The Unicorn Group is a dynamic manufacturing business based in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. We’re dedicated to supplying high quality products and excellent service to a range of industries internationally. We're proud of our staff and success to date and have big plans for the future.
There are four companies within the Unicorn Group portfolio and this role will be based within Unicorn Hygienics, which manufactures and supplies washroom and hygiene products. Our products are supplied to a network of global partners and are sold across a range of sectors.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Executive to actively drive the next stage of our development, growing global sales across the Unicorn Hygienics portfolio. The successful candidate will play a central role in developing new sales opportunities, nurturing customer relationships and implementing strategies to drive sales growth within new and existing markets.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching and identifying new business opportunities including potential new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Identifying and executing innovative ways to prospect, engage and close new clients.
- Communicating confidently with our customers via phone, email and online channels.
- Building rapport with new and existing customers, gaining a clear understanding of their needs and responding with a plan as to how Unicorn will meet these needs.
- Identifying cross selling opportunities to grow existing customer accounts.
- Achieve agreed sales targets and KPI’s.
- Keeping up to date with current trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products.
- Introducing, demonstrating, and familiarizing customers/potential customers with new/existing products or services, generating interest and excitement.
- Reviewing customer performance.
- Negotiating sales deals with clients.
- Reporting on sales performance as required.
- Attending trade events and exhibitions, industry conferences, and promotional events.
LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ sales experience (at least one year of this experience in outbound B2B sales preferable) with the ability to demonstrate significant sales growth.
The following would be an advantage but are in no way essential:
- Fluent in a European language.
- Experience developing and nurturing buyer relationships within the retail sector.
- Experience in the use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
SKILLS REQUIRED AND PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION
- Motivated and goal-oriented salesperson with a desire to deliver results.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business.
- Strong degree of PC literacy and high level of proficiency in using all MS Office applications, in particular MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills.
- Comfortable, confident and engaging communicator.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Good time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working on your own initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the wider Sales and Marketing team as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly small team environment
- Opportunities for progression
- No weekend working
- Scenic riverside location with free onsite parking
- 33 days annual leave
- 5-minute walk from Lambeg railway station, 1 mile from M1 Motorway and 7 miles from Belfast City Centre
- Perks discount card with offers for shops, cinemas, restaurants and more
- On site staff gym open from 06:00
- Death in service benefit of 4 times annual salary
- Free tea and coffee
- Outdoor picnic area
- On-site EV charging
- Bonus potential
If you would like to join a progressive local company, we would love to hear from you! Please forward your CV to email@example.com by 25/08/23
Unicorn Group reserves the right to enhance the essential / desirable criteria in order to facilitate shortlisting if required.
Unicorn Group is an equal opportunities employer.